Nick Norelli said in December 20th, 2008 at 12:52 pm

Cool! I didn’t even know there was a runner up prize.

Esteban Vázquez said in December 20th, 2008 at 2:30 pm

WOOHOO! I WON SOMETHING!!!

There are so many people who have made this possible. First of all, I would like to than my Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, who loves me and doesn’t care if my rap lyrics are sexually-charged and misogynistic. Also, I would like to thank my Momma, who gave me life, thus making it possible at the most basic level for me to win. Shaun Tabatt, you the man, dawg! The lady who gave me this laptop computer before I moved — you rock. The innocent people with an unsecured wireless connection in my apartment complex, who made it possible for me to reply from the comfort of my own home — never change, and please don’t move, at least not until I find a new job. The…

*music plays*

Hey now! What’s that music! I’ve earned my right to thank people for as long as I want!

*Esteban forcibly taken away*

(Exeunt omnes.)

Shaun Tabatt said in December 20th, 2008 at 2:42 pm

Congrats Esteban & Nick. Truthfully I hadn’t planned on there being a runner up prize, but I loved the explanation for your avatar so much, I just had to award a prize for it. 😉

Scripture Zealot said in December 20th, 2008 at 3:23 pm

I guess the groveling actually does some good… Winning won’t diminish it though unfortunately because the groveling never ceases.

Nick if you don’t end up liking that one I’d be glad to eventually take it off your hands. (smiley would go here)

Congrats to you both. Esteban’s rap/hip hop musician acceptance speech was humorous, stereotypical and disturbing. I think Nick wrote it for him.
Jeff

Scripture Zealot said in December 20th, 2008 at 3:28 pm

Shaun I’m sorry to hear about your grandmother and the stresses you and your family are going through. I pray that God will work in all of this as we know He will.
Jeff

Shaun Tabatt said in December 20th, 2008 at 4:23 pm

If I ever get famous, I may have to have Nick write my speeches too. 😉

Esteban Vázquez said in December 23rd, 2008 at 10:48 am

I assure one and all that my acceptance speech above was not written by Mr Norelli, but was solely the product of my wicked lucubrations. 😉

Shaun Tabatt said in December 23rd, 2008 at 12:06 pm

I can vouch for Esteban on this one. Nick has had internet issues for the past few days. I hope he gets it fixed, so he can submit his favorite holiday recipe for today’s contest. 😉

In the Mail « Rightly Dividing the Word of Truth said in January 6th, 2009 at 9:38 am

[…] grace my mailbox in 2009 is Dale Ralph Davis’ Judges: Such a Great Salvation and it is the runner-up prize for my Trinitarian explanation of my new avatar during Shaun Tabatt’s 12 Days Before […]

Shaun Tabatt said in January 6th, 2009 at 6:26 pm

It would be a harsh day around the Norelli home if a new book didn’t grace his doorstep. We should all do our part to help Nick keep the momentum going. Word has it, that if he gets many more books in his house, he may need to have his home rezoned as a library. 😉