Dwayne Forehand said in January 30th, 2009 at 12:11 pm

I have definitely gone digital. Every morning commute consists of me staring at my mobile on the bus for half an hour. The fact that it is always with me is probably the biggest factor.

Esteban Vázquez said in January 30th, 2009 at 2:09 pm

This whole post is anathema to me. Back in 2001, when I was packing my library for storage, a wearied friend who had offered to help said to me, “Isn’t it great that in just a few years all these books will be reduced to a few CDs?” My stony silence and expression of horror must have startled my well-meaning friend, who sheepishly asked, “Did… did I say something wrong?”

Shaun Tabatt said in January 31st, 2009 at 6:31 am

Esteban, I can relate to your feelings on this one. It has taken me quite some time to get used to the idea. I may have been aided by the fact that I’m a computer geek at heart. 😉

Shaun Tabatt said in January 31st, 2009 at 6:35 am

Dwayne, if I rode the bus, I’d probably do that as well. Ryan Burns (Going To Seminary, LOGOS Bible Software) has mentioned using LOGOS Bible Software during his bus commute as well.

micah Tanis said in February 2nd, 2009 at 5:47 am

I gradually made the switch last year. I read through my Literary Study Bible, and used the extra links on the ESV blog to get RSS, iCal, etc (ESV Blog, ESV Reading Plans). I found that I read more and more on a screen.
This year, my brothers and I are reading through the same plan (same as ESVSB). I keep a notepad document open to record my thoughts. I will often come back to that note and add some thoughts from other study, conversations.

Tech used: Laptop, iPod Touch

Mike Aubrey said in February 2nd, 2009 at 9:51 pm

I’ve only “gone ditial” because I’ve been forced to. That is, when you’re planning on living overseas, having a 4000 volume library just isn’t very do-able. I don’t even know what I’m going to do with the 600 or so physical books that I own.