ScriptureZealot said in December 23rd, 2009 at 2:10 am

My favorite Christmas memory is playing one of my first professional trombone gigs when I was in high school. It was for a midnight service at a mainline church. I played a solo from the balcony and it was probably the only time I felt I played perfectly. It was magical. It’s like I wasn’t actually playing. Music was just coming out of me. The setting of a traditional church with a lofted ceiling was perfect.
Jeff

Bitsy Griffin said in December 23rd, 2009 at 7:36 am

I don’t know if this is favorite memory, but it’s certainly one that clearly stands out! We moved a lot when I was growing up – almost every year and sometimes more than once a year. When I was in early elementary school, we moved from Ft Worth to El Paso over Christmas break. We left Christmas Eve and somewhere on the way, my dad got sick and actually had to go to the hospital for what ended up to be strep throat. It was some county hospital in west Texas and he spent hours and hours waiting to be seen that Christmas day. We had a 1-foot tall Christmas tree in the station wagon with us that was made of bright green net with little glass balls sewed to it. And I got a mystery date game. That was my only present so it was considerably special to me.

Jason said in December 23rd, 2009 at 9:06 am

At the risk of sounding cliché, my fondest memory of Christmas is the one the recurred every year–gathering with family at my grandmother’s house. We always enjoyed endless Christmas dinner, lots of visiting with family, and of course, the gifts.

Jon Watson said in December 23rd, 2009 at 9:29 am

My favorite Christmas memory is when I was very young. We would go to my grandparents house on Christmas Eve, put on old Christmas lps, light a fire in the fireplace, and open our Christmas presents.

JasonS said in December 23rd, 2009 at 9:58 am

I’m thinking that my favorite Christmas memory will be made this year based upon the blessing of Christmas three years ago.
You see, Thanksgiving week three years ago we took custody of a starved little 8 week old boy. (Our home had been childless for 15 years, with no hope of having children by natural means.)
Thirty days later, the week of Christmas, we took custody of his sister who was twenty-two months old.
That Christmas was a blur of adjustment, though our video shows a little girl enjoying some toys.
This year is the first year that both of them are at the point to understand what is going on.
The next Christmas was even better, as the adoption was finalized about twelve weeks before Christmas.
This year’s Christmas promises much joy to us all! They (I should say “we”) are excited, to say the least! We have read the Christmas story several times, and shall read it again.
I trust that this year’s Christmas will lay a foundation for many years of godly joy that my children will have because the Savior found a home in our hearts and led us to give our children a home in our house and our hearts.

Kyle Clark said in December 23rd, 2009 at 10:12 am

My favorite Christmas memories are the trips we took when I was a child. We went down to my grandparents house in Florida and opened up presents on Christmas Eve. My Grandparents would buy themselves gifts then say it was from the other person, so the surprise was to see what they got themselves.

Gregg Lindahl said in December 23rd, 2009 at 10:20 am

I loved waking up before the kids on Christmas day and video taping them, walking down the hall and realizing it was Christmas morning. Going to Christmas Eve service with my grandma is also a special memory.

Justin Dodson said in December 23rd, 2009 at 10:30 am

My favorite would have to be lighting luminaries and putting them all the way up our mile long driveway that led to where we had a nativity set up, so as to remind our neighbors that they way is to Jesus. It was that time when I really got Christmas as a little kid, because the rest was all drowned out by food, family and gift getting.

Michael Kennedy said in December 23rd, 2009 at 10:56 am

My favorite Christmas memory is attending the annual Christmas Eve Communion Service with my family. Its a wonderful time to celebrate “God with us!”

Gaines said in December 23rd, 2009 at 1:20 pm

Christmas Eve Communion Service at my parents’ church holds a special place in my heart. Growing up, we went every year. Even though I live a few hours away now, we still try to attend the service with my parents and sisters whenever possible. It’s really neat to bring my wife and kids to join in on the family tradition.

Dan Jesse said in December 23rd, 2009 at 2:07 pm

As a child, we always went to a live nativity put on by a small church out in the country. Even though the program only changed once in 20+ years, it was a great tradition to enjoy with my family, and sometimes I miss it on Christmas Eve. It’s something that I would like to do with my own family one day.

Heather Villalta said in December 23rd, 2009 at 7:08 pm

My favorie Christmas memory was with my family last year. We gathered around and did presents in the mornig, then thoughout the day, our large, extended family got together and played the Wii for hours into th night. It was a blast!

Jared said in December 23rd, 2009 at 8:55 pm

My favorite Christmas memories are sitting next to my Grandma, receiving massive amounts of second-hand smoke as she puffed away all night long, listening to her cackle laugh when my uncle creatively employed an over-intellectualized sexual innuendo while handing out presents, laughing quietly when she yelled “Cecil!” when my Grandpa undoubtedly cussed about something from across the room, and feeling like I was the most special kid on the planet when I opened her yearly gift of a dated Christmas ornament. She didn’t think I wanted them…I would fight anyone who would try to take them from me. Grandma…she loved Jesus more than anything…but I have to say I must’ve made the Top 10

Andrew Vogel said in December 23rd, 2009 at 8:58 pm

My favorite Christmas memory is each year growing up myself and my two sisters would wait at the top of the stairs for a good 10-15 minutes until my parents said they were ready and we could go open up the presents. The anticipation was great and a lot of fun.

Esteban Vázquez said in December 23rd, 2009 at 9:40 pm

I was going to enter today’s giveaway because of the Dunn book, but then decided I had won too many books. 🙂 Fun memories, everyone!

Nancy Canada said in December 23rd, 2009 at 11:46 pm

My favorite Christmas memories are spending Christmas break from school with Grandma and Granddaddy getting ready for all of the family to arrive. Helping with the baking. Decorating the tree.