Steve Bricker said in September 27th, 2010 at 9:55 pm

I’ve been part of the IVP book club for awhile now. I wish I had the funds to get the offerings. I do appreciate their easy return policy. A couple times I have forgotten to respond to the mailing and had to write “Return to Sender” on the front.

Jeff Peterson said in September 28th, 2010 at 7:45 am

The Dictionary Of Biblical Imagery is worth paying retail for – it is an Officially Great Resource.

Shaun Tabatt said in September 28th, 2010 at 7:48 am

It’s always hard to part with books, especially if you don’t even get to know what they are. ;-( Personally, I feel like it’s Christmas every time I open up a box from a publisher.

Shaun Tabatt said in September 28th, 2010 at 7:53 am

Jeff,
Thanks for the tip. I’ve only just briefly cracked it open, but I’m confident it will get a lot of use over the next year. Even better, it gets me one step closer to completing my quest to add every IVP dictionary to my library. I especially like the “black” dictionary series. 😉

Bob Hayton said in September 29th, 2010 at 6:47 pm

Yea the Dictionary of Imagery is really good, from what I’ve seen of it. I love the New Dictionary of Biblical Theology, too from IVP.

Shaun Tabatt said in September 29th, 2010 at 8:43 pm

Bob,
I’m an IVP dictionary fanatic. I especially like the Dictionary of the Old Testament series. I’m curious when they’ll be releasing Dictionary of the Old Testament: Prophets. IVP Academic 2011 winter catalog lists Dictionary of the Old Testament: Prophets with an isbn of 978-0-8308-1784-9, but I can’t find any information about it on Amazon, IVP’s web site, etc.

Sally Craft said in October 8th, 2010 at 5:21 pm

Sorry. You will have to wait a while longer for the next installment of Dictionary of the Old Testament. The “Prophets” volume is scheduled for September/October 2011 right now–it’s still far enough in the future that it could fluctuate a bit.

Shaun Tabatt said in October 9th, 2010 at 8:38 pm

Sally,
Thanks so much for the update on the tentative release date for the “Prophets” volume. If that’s the case, it could be a hot item to pick up at ETS/SBL 2011. Definitely looking forward to adding it to my library when it becomes available.