Time: February 16, 2012 from 4:30pm to 5:30pm (EST)
This week as many around the world celebrate the birth of the father of evolution, Charles Darwin, many evangelical Christians pose the question “did you know Darwin had a dark side?” Of course his theory of evolution is polar opposite from the Christian belief in creation, but besides that Darwin himself had a very dark past that included mental illness, a passion for killing animals, racism, eugenics, and a negative view of women.
The author of The Dark Side of Charles Darwin (Master Books, 2011), Dr. Jerry Bergman will share with the Homeschool Channel audience about Darwin, his dark side, and truth of creation.
About the Book:
A single man stands behind the greatest deception in history. Charles Darwin?s ideas still penetrate every aspect of our culture, including science, religion, and education. And while much has been made of his contribution to the evolutionary hypothesis, little has been publicized about the dark side of the man himself and how this may have impacted the quality and legitimacy of his research.
This daring and compelling book takes its readers behind the popular fa?ade of a man revered worldwide as a scientific pioneer, and unveils what kind of person Darwin really was. The book reveals disturbing facts that will help you:
- Perceive Darwin firsthand through the eyes of family and friends, and his own correspondence
- Discern this darkly troubled man, struggling with physical and mental health issues
- Uncover his views on eugenics and racism, and his belief that women were less evolved than men
Thoroughly documented, this book reveals Darwin?s less-than-above board methods of attempting to prove his so-called scientific beliefs, and his plot to ?murder God? by challenging the then-dominant biblical worldview.
About the Author:
Dr. Jerry Bergman has taught biology, genetics, chemistry, biochemistry, anthropology, geology, and microbiology at the college level for over 30 years. He has 9 degrees, including 7 graduate degrees, and has authored over 800 publications.
Latest posts by Shaun Tabatt (see all)
- Author Talks with Shaun Tabatt – Episode 30 – Sam Storms - May 20, 2013
- Author Talks with Shaun Tabatt – Episode 29 – John Crotts - May 15, 2013
- Author Talks with Shaun Tabatt – Episode 28 – Nancy Drummond - May 13, 2013