Taking a cue from Martin Luther’s 95 theses, Channing Crisler offers 9.5 Theses Regarding the Need to Learn Biblical Greek.
1. The Greek New Testament is the real New Testament.
2. We already tried to let someone guard the truth for us.
3. Without knowledge of Greek, you will always be dependent on the decisions of the commentators.
4. Substituting computer software for a knowledge of Greek is like replacing a paintbrush with your finger.
5. Word studies do not equal biblical exegesis.
6. God chose 1st Century Koine Greek not 21st Century English.
7. Something is always lost in translation.
8. You’ll have to slow down.
9. Big ideas must come from the smallest details of the Greek.
9.5. God’s approved workmen should use the best techniques and tools available to them.
You can read the full article along with his explanation for each of the 9.5 theses here: LINK.
Latest posts by Shaun Tabatt (see all)
- Book Giveaway: History, Law and Christianity by John Warwick Mongtomery - April 13, 2015
- The Best Just Became Better. Beacon Ads is Now Bacon Ads! - April 1, 2015
- Mail Call: Spirit of God: Christian Renewal in the Community of Faith - March 23, 2015