Taking a cue from Martin Luther’s 95 theses, Channing Crisler offers 9.5 Theses Regarding the Need to Learn Biblical Greek.
1. The Greek New Testament is the real New Testament.
2. We already tried to let someone guard the truth for us.
3. Without knowledge of Greek, you will always be dependent on the decisions of the commentators.
4. Substituting computer software for a knowledge of Greek is like replacing a paintbrush with your finger.
5. Word studies do not equal biblical exegesis.
6. God chose 1st Century Koine Greek not 21st Century English.
7. Something is always lost in translation.
8. You’ll have to slow down.
9. Big ideas must come from the smallest details of the Greek.
9.5. God’s approved workmen should use the best techniques and tools available to them.
You can read the full article along with his explanation for each of the 9.5 theses here: LINK.
Latest posts by Shaun Tabatt (see all)
- It’s almost time for the 6th Annual 12 Days Before Christmas Giveaway! - December 6, 2013
- Author Talks With Shaun Tabatt – Episode 65 – Voddie Baucham – Joseph and the Gospel of Many Colors - December 6, 2013
- Author Talks With Shaun Tabatt – Episode 64 – Danny Zacharias – NT Greek Stripped Down - December 5, 2013