Since 2012 is an election year, I suspect quite a few publishers will be promoting new books about the founding fathers. One such forthcoming book is The Jefferson Lies: Exposing the Myths You’ve Always Believed about Thomas Jefferson (Thomas Nelson, 2012) by David Barton, foreword by Glenn Beck.
In The Jefferson Lies, David Barton will make the case that Thomas Jefferson has been the victim of of a two century smear campaign, calling into question some of the myths that have grown up around this larger than life character from the history of our great nation. Through his examination of the historical records, original documents / letters, and other recent evidence, Barton feels strongly that he will be introducing readers to the “Real Thomas Jefferson.”
Here are the myths that will be explored in the book:
- Jefferson and Sally: Did he really have children by his slave, Sally Hemings?
- Jefferson and Jesus: Did he really abandon the faith of his family?
- Jefferson and the Bible: Did he really want to rewrite the Scripture?
- Jefferson and the church: Did he really advocate separation?
- Jefferson and slaves: What is the truth about his slaveholding and his statements that all are created equal?
- Jefferson and education: Did Jefferson really found the first secular, irreligious university?
About the Author:
David Barton is the founder and president of WallBuilders, a national pro-family organization that presents America’s forgotten history and heroes, with an emphasis on our moral, religious, and constitutional heritage. He is the author of numerous best-selling books and also addresses more than 400 groups each year. David and his wife, Cheryl, have three grown children.
He was named by Time magazine as one of America’s 25 most influential evangelicals, and he has received numerous national and international awards, including Who’s Who in Education and DAR’s highest award, the George Washington Honor Medal.
Latest posts by Shaun Tabatt (see all)
- Book Review: The Garden, the Curtain and the Cross - April 2, 2016
- Book Giveaway: Being Dad: Father as a Picture of God’s Grace by Dr. Scott Leonard Keith - January 11, 2016
- Free Audiobook: COMMON ENGLISH BIBLE – AUDIO EDITION - January 5, 2016