Authors: Boddie Hodge, Tommy Mitchell, Ken Ham
Publisher: Master Books (2012)
Page count: 96
Review Date: 7/25/2012 by Shaun Tabatt
Rating: Highly Recommended (5/5 Stars)
In the fall of 2011, I had the opportunity to write a review of Answers Book For Teens, Volume 1. I found that book particularly helpful as an evening devotional reading with my teen and preteens. Hopefully my review encouraged all of you to go out and buy your own copy. However, as there are only fifteen questions covered in the book, there’s a good chance you may have worked through them all. If that’s the situation You find yourself in, I have good news for you. This month (July 2012) Master Books has released Answers Book for Teens, Volume 2.
The strong focus of helping teens to reach a biblical worldview comes through in this second volume as it did in the first. The format and layout is similar to what we saw in volume one. There are 15 lessons, each centered around a core question. Each chapter is about 5-6 pages in length. The topics discussed are:
- Q1 – Did creation really take just 6 days or did God use the big bang?
- Q2 – Noah’s ark…Really?
- Q3 – What about cavemen and missing links?
- Q4 – But the Bible is full of contradictions…isn’t it?
- Q5 – Don’t fossils prove evolution?
- Q6 – Isn’t natural selection evolution? My textbook says they’re the same.
- Q7 – Mutations are good for evolution, right? I mean, X-Men can’t be wrong, can it?
- Q8 – But the Bible was written by a bunch of men, right? What makes it so special?
- Q9 – How should I interpret the Bible?
- Q10 – But doesn’t the Bible support slavery?
- Q11 – Unicorns and the Bible…you’ve got to be kidding!
- Q12 – How can we be sure the 66 books of the Bible are the only ones from God?
- Q13 – What about abortion, cloning, and stem cells? At school I’m taught that these things are good for society!
- Q14 – What about going to college?
- Q15 – “Going through the motions”…is that saving faith?
Bodie Hodge is the author of Fall of Satan (Master Books, 2011) and co-author of Dragons: Legends and Lore of Dinosaurs (Master Books, 2011). He is on the staff of Answers in Genesis, and is a speaker, writer, contributor, and researcher on a host of topics related to apologetics, biblical history, and the book of Genesis.
Dr. Tommy Mitchell is a scientist, physician, and father who has a burden to provide solid answers from the Bible to equip people to stand in the face of personal tragedy and popular evolutionary misinformation.
Ken Ham is an accomplished author of some of the most popular and effective apologetics research on the market. He is the founder of Answers in Genesis – U.S. and the president of the Creation Museum.
Where to Buy:
This book was provided by Master Books for review. The reviewer was under no obligation to offer a favorable review.
Latest posts by Shaun Tabatt (see all)
- Author Talks with Shaun Tabatt – Episode 30 – Sam Storms - May 20, 2013
- Author Talks with Shaun Tabatt – Episode 29 – John Crotts - May 15, 2013
- Author Talks with Shaun Tabatt – Episode 28 – Nancy Drummond - May 13, 2013