Here’s a recipe that won me an award at a chili cook off a few years back.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 cup green pepper (chopped)
- 1 cup celery (chopped)
- 4 oz can of green chilies
Brown ground beef in large frying pan with above ingredients.When hamburger is browned, transfer to slow cooker.
- 4 cups cooked kidney beans or black beans
- 4 cups tomatoes (chopped) or tomato juice
- 1-2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup corn
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 5.8 oz bottle Bufalo Chipotle Mexican Hot Sauce
- 1 cup mushrooms (chopped, optional)
Add remaining ingredient (except mushrooms) to slow cooker and cook on high for 15 minutes then on low for 8-10 hours. Mushrooms should be added during the last hour of cooking.
Latest posts by Shaun Tabatt (see all)
- Book Review: The Garden, the Curtain and the Cross - April 2, 2016
- Book Giveaway: Being Dad: Father as a Picture of God’s Grace by Dr. Scott Leonard Keith - January 11, 2016
- Free Audiobook: COMMON ENGLISH BIBLE – AUDIO EDITION - January 5, 2016