Christmas–Bible Friends is a very sturdy lift-the-flap board book telling the traditional Christmas story at a level that is appropriate for children ages 1-3. Children are presented with a question on the left-hand page and must lit the flap on the opposite page to find the answer. Here are the questions the book answers:
- Who did Mary Meet?
- Where did baby Jesus sleep?
- Who did the shepherds visit?
- What did the wise men bring?
The final two pages of the book show the three wise men, two shepherds, Mary, and Joseph with baby Jesus. I feel strongly that the biblical text (see Matthew 2:16) suggests a later time for the wise men’s visit. This is a problem you’ll encounter in many Christmas stories for children. I simply use it as a catalyst for a quick discussion about what the Bible says regarding the timing of the wise men’s visit. However, this is only a minor concern and wouldn’t prevent me from recommending the book.
My overall rating is 4 out of 5 stars.
This product was provided by Candle Books (Kregel Publications) for review. The reviewer was under no obligation to offer a favorable review.
Latest posts by Shaun Tabatt (see all)
- Book Review: The Garden, the Curtain and the Cross - April 2, 2016
- Book Giveaway: Being Dad: Father as a Picture of God’s Grace by Dr. Scott Leonard Keith - January 11, 2016
- Free Audiobook: COMMON ENGLISH BIBLE – AUDIO EDITION - January 5, 2016