- angel visits Mary
- trip to Bethlehem
- no room at the inn
- Jesus born in a stable, laid in a manger
- angels visit shepherds
- Shepherds visit the stable
- wise men bring gifts of gold, frankincense and myrrh
I was very encouraged that the final page of the book shows the wise men presenting gifts to a toddler-sized Jesus rather than a baby in a manger. That’s a detail normally missed in most children’s Christmas books. Hats off to Juliet David for her willingness to appropriately stray from tradition.
The book measures 5 by 5 inches, so it’s slightly larger than traditional board books. The recommended age range is 3-5 years and I think that’s appropriate.
My overall rating is 5 out of 5 stars.
This product was provided by Candle Books (Kregel Publications) for review. The reviewer was under no obligation to offer a favorable review.
Latest posts by Shaun Tabatt (see all)
- Book Review: The Garden, the Curtain and the Cross - April 2, 2016
- Book Giveaway: Being Dad: Father as a Picture of God’s Grace by Dr. Scott Leonard Keith - January 11, 2016
- Free Audiobook: COMMON ENGLISH BIBLE – AUDIO EDITION - January 5, 2016