Nearly every day I encounter some piece of news, an article, or a blog post on the internet that tries to get me to doubt some aspect of my Christian worldview. One of the more popular biblical accounts that detractors “throw rocks” at is the creation account found in the Old Testament book of Genesis. A lot of the energy and focus of these debates seems to center on questioning the historicity of Adam and whether or not God created the world in six literal days. Many are eager to jump on this bandwagon in order to accommodate evolution. When you need billions of years to legitimize your theory, the historical Adam and a literal six day creation just get in your way.
Ken Ham’s new book The True Account of Adam & Eve teaches readers about the historical account of Adam and Eve, while also encouraging them to operate within a Christian worldview that is rooted in the Bible. About half of the book is focuses on creation and the fall. The rest of the book works through Christian worldview issues including:
- suffering, sickness, sadness, and death in the world
- the inspired nature of the Bible
- age of the earth/How long ago was it that God created Adam and Eve?
- Is it possible for our modern population to have grown from only 8 people (Noah & his family) in 4,300 years?
The most import thing Ken gives readers in this book is a clear understanding of original sin and how it relates to the good news of the Gospel. Kids and parents will come away from The True Account of Adam & Eve encouraged by the hope of the gospel, with a greater confidence in God’s word. I strongly encourage parents and grandparents to share this book with their children and grandchildren. You will find it’s a great tool to help you enter into deep deep discussions about worldview issues relating to the creation account and most importantly the gospel.
My overall rating is 5 out of 5 stars.
This product was provided by Master Books for review. The reviewer was under no obligation to offer a favorable review.
Latest posts by Shaun Tabatt (see all)
- Book Review: The Garden, the Curtain and the Cross - April 2, 2016
- Book Giveaway: Being Dad: Father as a Picture of God’s Grace by Dr. Scott Leonard Keith - January 11, 2016
- Free Audiobook: COMMON ENGLISH BIBLE – AUDIO EDITION - January 5, 2016