About the Book:
If you had to explain to a friend what the Bible says about suffering, what would you say?
Paul Grimmond writes:
“As I began to write this book, I thought I knew pretty much what I was going to say. But the more I read the Bible, trying to find the right passages to make the points I thought I needed to make, the more uneasy I felt.”
Come with Paul and discover the surprises he uncovers as he asks some of the most basic questions of the Christian life: Why do we suffer? And what does it mean to suffer—and even die—well?
This book is part of our Guidebooks for Life series. Like other titles in the series, it covers an important issue of the Christian life in an accessible and straightforward way.
About the Author:
Paul Grimmond is a gifted and well-known Bible teacher, currently serving on the campus of the University of New South Wales. He is the author of Right Side Up, a book about the Christian life, and co-author with Phillip Jensen ofThe Archer and the Arrow, a book about preaching. Paul lives with his wife, Cathy, and their three children in Sydney’s east.
Other Resources Mentioned in this episode
- Suffering and the Sovereignty of God by John Piper & Justin Taylor
- Suffering and Sovereignty: John Flavel and the Puritans on Afflictive Providence by Brian Cosby
- Matthias Media
- Paul Grimmond on Facebook
- @PaulGrimmond on Twitter
Latest posts by Shaun Tabatt (see all)
- Mail Call: Spirit of God: Christian Renewal in the Community of Faith - March 23, 2015
- New From Jeff Kemp: Facing the Blitz: Three Strategies for Turning Trials Into Triumphs - March 23, 2015
- Mail Call: Questions Jesus Asks by Israel Wayne - March 23, 2015