About the Book:
In 1776, 56 men signed their names on a document that they knew might well mean their certain deaths as traitors to England. Standing on principles of faith and liberty, these men forged a powerful call for freedom and human dignity still resonating today in America. Yet, historical revisionists have distorted or attempted to wipe away every trace of this nation’s Christian heritage, including the heartfelt faith of these founding fathers.
More than simply facts and figures, For You They Signed provides an abundance of resources within one volume, including:
• A full year of life-changing, challenging family or group devotional character studies
• Over 90 illustrations, biographical summaries, and insightful quotes
• Character quality definitions, Patrick Henry’s speech delivered to the signers, the Christian nature of state constitutions, and the Christian nature of America’s universities.
The Declaration of Independence remains one of history’s most enduring achievements, and this text will help you value those freedoms these men fought for in an insightfully fresh way. It will also assist you in catching the God-given vision of these faithful new Americans, igniting a fire for your family, community, and the generations to come. Here is a volume that should be found in every private and public library in America… a meticulously documented look back to the true birth of our nation.
They pledged their lives, their fortunes, and their sacred honor so that we could be free!
About the Author:
Marilyn Boyer is the descendant of a Revolutionary War soldier, and a daughter of a World War II veteran. She is the wife of an Air Force veteran, mother and home educator of fourteen sons and daughters, and grandmother of six. Deeply patriotic and passionate about America’s Christian history, Marilyn has in For You They Signed brought to life the stories of the 56 noble men who pledged their lives, fortunes and sacred honor to secure our freedom. Marilyn and her husband, Rick, were among the pioneers of the modern home education movement in the early 1980’s. Together they founded The Learning Parent ministry, have written over a dozen books, and travel around the country and abroad, speaking at home school and Christian parenting conferences to encourage, inspire and challenge the parents training the next generation of Americans. Their books have circulated around the globe and have been translated into several foreign languages.
Other Resources Mentioned in this Episode:
- Take Back the Land by Rick Boyer
- CharacterConcepts.com (coming soon)
- GenerationsWithVision.com (Kevin Swanson)
- WallBuilders.com (David Barton)
Latest posts by Shaun Tabatt (see all)
- Available October 6th: Forgiven The Amish School Shooting, a Mother’s Love, and a Story of Remarkable Grace by Terri Roberts - October 1, 2015
- Free Audiobook: Follow Me: A Call to Die. A Call to Live. by David Platt - October 1, 2015
- Add Luther in English: The Influence of His Theology of Law and Gospel on Early English Evangelicals (1525-35) To Your Logos Library for FREE - October 1, 2015