Craig Hurst said in March 25th, 2014 at 8:02 am

I am glad to see you were able to be a part of this Shaun! Good for you!

Shaun Tabatt said in March 25th, 2014 at 10:34 am

Craig,

It was a great experience. While I’ve been on site conducting interviews at events like the International Christian Retail show, Desiring God and The Gospel Coalition; the Hollywood scene was new to me. In all honesty, I would jump at the chance to be a part of more events like this in the future. It was a a privilege to be able to share my feedback with the studio prior to the release of the film.

Bob Hayton said in March 25th, 2014 at 11:23 am

Awesome post, Shaun. I was so happy for you. I can see back to the humble beginnings of CFM in your basement and the whiteboard of ideas we were throwing out. I think your reporting and blogging continue to be a blessing to Christians everywhere. Glad you had this opportunity!

Blessings, brother.

~Bob

Shaun Tabatt said in March 25th, 2014 at 11:40 am

Thanks for the encouragement Bob. As always, I pray my contribution to the discussion is helpful.

Barbara Harrington said in March 25th, 2014 at 8:16 pm

And scoring a four star junket at the Four Seasons in Beverly Hills did nothing to influence your opinion! Extraordinary.

Shaun Tabatt said in March 25th, 2014 at 8:19 pm

Barbara,

I simply wanted to share about the full experience I had and be clear about the accommodations that were comped.

David Kirchner said in March 26th, 2014 at 7:58 am

I have heard that God isn’t mentioned in this movie. Is that true? If so, how do they explain Noah needing to build the Ark?

Shaun Tabatt said in March 26th, 2014 at 8:14 am

David,

God is referred to as the creator throughout the film. He (God) communicates with Noah about the impending deluge and the need to build an ark through visions.

David Kirchner said in March 26th, 2014 at 8:48 am

Good to know! Thanks!

[…] Read about my experiences at the NOAH Press Junket here:  NOAH Press Junket Recap […]

This and That 03-29-14 | The Thompsonian Times said in March 29th, 2014 at 5:53 am

[…] NOAH Press Junket Recap – “The film does a masterful job of drawing us into an antediluvian world that as Genesis 6:11 says is quite ruined. We see that Noah has a burden to continue tending the garden per se, just like his forefather Adam, which is in direct contrast to much of the rest of humanity portrayed in the film, who all seem bent on destroying the parts of the earth that are not yet ruined. Early on, critics (most of them who hadn’t seen the film) complained that the movie was going to have too much of an environmentalist bent. And I’ll be the first to say that care of creation is certainly a strong theme in the film, but it didn’t feel over the top or out of place to me. I can accept the idea of somebody that generationally close to Adam and Eve still having a burden to work the garden.” – Shaun Tabatt […]