Every month ChristianAudio.com offers a free audiobook. This month (October 2014) they are offering ‘He Wins, She Wins: Learning the Art of Marital Negotiation’ by Willard F. Harley, Jr. Click the image above for details.
You’ve probably heard a lot of advice on how to resolve conflicts in your marriage. What you may not know is that if a resolution comes only in order to keep the peace, it’s no resolution at all. Marriage expert Willard F. Harley, Jr., says there’s a better way.
What’s different about the He Wins, She Wins approach is the ultimate goal–for you and your spouse to grow in your love for each other. This win-win model for negotiation starts with a simple rule: Never do anything without an enthusiastic agreement between you and your spouse.
Think that sounds impossible? In this book, Dr. Harley will show you how it’s been done in his marriage of over fifty years–and in the marriages of the thousands of couples he’s counseled. He’ll explain the art of marital negotiation, show you how to resolve common conflicts the right way, and help you overcome these common obstacles:
· emotional reactions are preventing calm discussion
· neither of you wants to talk about an issue
· one or both of you are indecisive
· one of you is happy with the status quo
· being enthusiastic about anything doesn’t seem possible
And above all, he’ll show you how every decision you make together will increase your love for each other.
About Willard F. Harley, Jr.:
Dr. Willard F. Harley, Jr., is a clinical psychologist and marriage counselor in White Bear Lake, Minnesota. He is best known as the author of His Needs, Her Needs; Love Busters; Five Steps to Romantic Love; and Give and Take.
Connect with Dr. Harley at MarriageBuilders.com.
Latest posts by Shaun Tabatt (see all)
- Book Review: The Garden, the Curtain and the Cross - April 2, 2016
- Book Giveaway: Being Dad: Father as a Picture of God’s Grace by Dr. Scott Leonard Keith - January 11, 2016
- Free Audiobook: COMMON ENGLISH BIBLE – AUDIO EDITION - January 5, 2016