‘LIVE: Your Life With Christ’ is the first in a three-part series of small group studies produced by The Good Book Company. The series is intended for “new believers, not-yet-believers, and Christians who want to be refreshed in their faith.”
A former agnostic herself, Rebecca Manley Pippert understands the many twists and turns men and women encounter on their journey towards faith. Here’s an excerpt from the handbook’s introduction that explains why she wrote this curriculum:
“My spiritual journey was a process. Over time, my search led me to commit wholeheartedly to Jesus Christ and continue my way through life with him as my Lord. And it has been the most exciting journey!
Becoming a follower of Jesus, however, didn’t instantly eliminate all of my questions. Nor did it mean I understood everything from the start. I was concerned about whether my new-found faith would last. What would I do when new doubts arose? How would I handle the challenges of living obediently to Christ?
This is the reason why I have written ‘LIVE’… I want to be a companion with you on your spiritual journey. I want to think with you about the questions and issues I had as a new believer. I want you to see, as I did, how Jesus Christ is both true and wonderful, and how we can enjoy life with him.”
‘LIVE’ unfolds over the course of five lessons from the Gospels and Acts. They are as follows:
- 1. How Do I Know Its Is Real? – John 20 v 19-31
- 2. What Is The Good News? – John 3 v 1-18
- 3. Is It Worth It? – Luke 9 v 18-36
- 4. A Time For Commitment – Acts 9 v 1-19
- 5. New Life In Christ – John 15 4 1-13
To get a feel for the video portion of the curriculum, take a few minutes to watch these videos from session one:
The Good Book Company should be commended for publishing a very fine small group study series. Here are the things that really make it stand out:
- Solid content – I was especially pleased to see a “praying together” section in each lesson. This is something that is often overlooked in many small group studies and Bible studies.
- Accessible content – Those searching for and newer to faith in Christ will not be intimated by this series.
- Reasonable price – The handbook and DVD are priced very fairly. The downloadable leaders guide is even free!
To summarize, the ‘LIVE: Your Life with Christ’ small group curriculum is sufficiently deep, but also accessible for its intended audience. The reasonable price point will keep it affordable for churches and small group ministries of all sizes. My rating is 5 stars.
To learn more about ‘LIVE’ and the other upcoming lessons in this series, visit www.livegrowknow.org.
About the Author:
Rebecca Manley Pippert regularly speaks on spiritual renewal, evangelism and character formation for church conferences, at schools and colleges and in pastoral training seminars. Becky has written several books on evangelism and Christian living, including the best-selling Out of the Saltshaker. She and her husband Dick divide their time between Belfast, Northern Ireland and Michigan, USA.
Be sure to connect with Rebecca on Twitter, where show goes by the handle @BeckyPippert.
Where to Buy:
This product was provided by The Good Book Company for review. The reviewer was under no obligation to offer a favorable review.
Latest posts by Shaun Tabatt (see all)
- Book Review: The Garden, the Curtain and the Cross - April 2, 2016
- Book Giveaway: Being Dad: Father as a Picture of God’s Grace by Dr. Scott Leonard Keith - January 11, 2016
- Free Audiobook: COMMON ENGLISH BIBLE – AUDIO EDITION - January 5, 2016