Don’t miss out on this chance to expand your LOGOS Bible Software library for free. This month (July 2015) they are offering ‘40 Questions about Christians and Biblical Law’ by Thomas R. Schreiner (Kregel Academic, 2010). Order yours here: LINK.
About The Book:
This volume by Dr. Thomas R. Schreiner on the interplay between Christianity and biblical law is an excellent addition to the 40 Questions & Answers series. Schreiner not only coherently answers the tough questions that flow from a discussion about the Old Testament Levitical Law, but also writes clearly and engagingly for the student. The pastor, student, and layperson can easily understand Schreiner’s biblical theology of the Law.
The reader will enjoy the clarity and encouragement of 40 Questions About Christians and Biblical Law. The simple Q&A format allows readers to skip to questions of interest.
- What does the word law mean in the Scriptures
- Was the Mosaic covenant legalistic
- Does the OT teach that salvation is by works
- What does the expression “works of law” mean in Paul
- Is perfect obedience to the law mandatory for salvation
- Does Paul teach that the OT law is now abolished
- What does Paul mean by “righteousness of God”
- Does the Pauline teaching on justification contradict Jesus’ message
- Do James and Paul contradict one another on justification by works
- How should we understand the role of the law in Luke-Acts
- What is theonomy, or Christian reconstructionism, and how should it be evaluated
- What role does the law have in preaching
About The Author:
Thomas R. Schreiner (PhD, Fuller Theological Seminary) has been faculty at the Southern Seminary since 1997. He has taught at Bethel Theological Seminary, as well as Azusa Pacific University. Dr. Schreiner, a Pauline scholar, is the author or editor of several books including, Romans, in the Baker Exegetical Commentary Series on the New Testament; Interpreting the Pauline Epistles; The Law and Its Fulfillment: A Pauline Theology of Law; The Race Set Before Us: A Biblical Theology of Perseverance and Assurance; Still Sovereign: Contemporary Perspectives of Election, Foreknowledge, and Grace, co-edited with Bruce A. Ware; Paul, Apostle of God’s Glory in Christ: A Pauline Theology, 1 and 2 Peter, Jude.