In this episode of Author Talks with Shaun Tabatt, I speak with Dr. Michael Barrett about The Reformation Heritage KJV Study Bible (Reformation Heritage Books, 2014). Here’s a summary of the ground we cover during the interview:
- Dr. Barrett’s background and role at Puritan Reformed Theological Seminary.
- Dr. Barrett’s role in the study Bible project
- What are the key features that set this study Bible apart?
- How do you hope this study Bible impacts its readers?
- What one book would Dr. Barrett recommend besides the Bible?
A Study Bible to Feed Your Soul . . .
- Thoughts for personal and family devotions for every chapter
- Three dozen articles on how to live the Christian life
- Guidance on how to experience the truths of the Bible
A Study Bible to Instruct Your Mind . . .
- Thousands of study notes with integrated cross-references
- Introductions to each section and every book of the Bible
- Classic Bible text with explanations of difficult words
- More than fifty articles on key Christian teachings
- Concordance, color maps, daily reading plan, and more!
A Study Bible to Discover Your Roots . . .
- Overview of twenty centuries of church history
- Ancient creeds, confessions, and catechisms with introductions
About Dr. Michael Barrett:
Dr. Michael Barrett is Academic Dean and Professor of Old Testament at Puritan Reformed Theological Seminary. He is a minister in the Free Presbyterian Church of North America. Formerly, Dr. Barrett served as president of Geneva Reformed Seminary. He earned his doctorate in Old Testament Text with a special focus on Semitic languages. His dissertation was titled “A Methodology for Investigating the Translation Philosophies and Techniques of the Septuagint.” For almost thirty years, he was professor of Ancient Languages and Old Testament Theology and Interpretation at Bob Jones University. Dr. Barrett has had an active role in the ministry of the Free Presbyterian Church since its inception in North America. He is a member of the Evangelical Theological Society and has published numerous articles in both professional and popular journals. His other published works include Beginning at Moses: A Guide to Finding Christ in the Old Testament; Complete in Him: A Guide to Understanding and Enjoying the Gospel; God’s Unfailing Purpose: The Message of Daniel; The Beauty of Holiness: A Guide to Biblical Worship; Love Divine and Unfailing: The Gospel According to Hosea and The Hebrew Handbook. Dr. Barrett and his wife, Sandra, have two sons and five grandchildren. Dr. Barrett’s hobbies include hunting and thinking about hunting.
Links and Resources Mentioned in this Episode:
TO SUBSCRIBE TO THE PODCAST, PLEASE USE THE LINKS BELOW:
If you have a chance, please leave me an honest rating and review on iTunes by clicking here. It will help the show and its ranking in iTunes immensely! I appreciate it!